Oct 4, 2011

Cannot fetch a row from OLE DB provider "BULK" for linked server "(null)"

This error can occur for many reasons and it is often suggested that you change the timeout of your dataflow task to resolve the issues. I never like to do this as it can end up causing more issues that you hadn't anticipated! It can also occur if you are trying to access a SQL server that is not on the server that you are running the SSIS package on.

For me, I have found that it tends to occur whenever I use the SQL Server Destination with the OLE DB source. If you use the OLE DB source - remember that you have to use the OLE DB destination as well - otherwise SSIS will not like it at all - letting you know with the above error.

Changing the destination type to be OLE DB destination has resolved this issue for me once again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your visit to this blog.
We would be happy with your Queries/Suggestions.