The import of data is implemented as follows:
- Click on the data menu in the ribbon
- Then click on 'Get External Data' and from the sub menu select 'from other sources
- From the drop down options select 'From Microsoft Query'
- In the 'Choose Data Source' window click on 'Excel files*' and 'OK'.
- Then select the file from which you wish to import the data. Click 'OK'In the 'Query Wizard' window you will see the sheets of the file listed only if you have selected 'Tables' and 'System Tables' via the 'Options...' feature.
- Next you can select the fields that you wish to import, filter the data based on criteria and also sort the data
- Now you can save tha query with an appropriate name and then select 'Return Data to Micrososft Excel' option button
- Finally click finish to import the data starting from a cell address of your choice
- You can also save the file with the imported data as an Excel template file which will be filled with data when you open it again and run the saved query!